Traralgon South Primary School has a strong focus on learning, particularly in the area of literacy. As a parent you can expect to see: - Brand new spacious well equipped classrooms that focus on individualised learning
- Up to date ICT equipment being utilised including wireless laptop computers and electronic whiteboards
- Attractive landscaped play areas in a beautiful treed environment
- Extra support and assistance for your child including Reading Recovery (one to one literacy assistance program aimed at Year 1 students deemed at risk with their reading), literacy support groups and maths extension activities
- A range of specialist programs are offered – Physical Education, Music, Instrumental Music (guitar and keyboard – user pay), Percussion Band, Drama, Art , Camping Program (Years 3-6) and Whole School Sport
- Active After School Program offered each Tuesday and Thursday from 3.30pm – 4.45pm
We value parent involvement in our school and we acknowledge that you are the one who knows your child best. To enable us to work with you we offer: - One-on-one parent/teacher interviews early in the year and by request in December.
- An open door policy whereby parents can assist in classrooms, interact with other parents on fundraising activities or just interact with the dedicated teaching staff.
- We communicate weekly through a newsletter but class teachers also send out class newsletters and other communiqués. Traralgon South also has a strong focus on welfare and we often conduct proactive programs.
I look forward to developing a positive and productive relationship with you and your family.